Get fired up with potent, restorative Tulsi! ORGANIC INDIA Tea Infusions add depth, flavour, and a healthful boost to your favourite grilling marinades and sauces. Coconut milk, fresh lime juice, and a concentrate of ORGANIC INDIA Tulsi Turmeric Ginger Tea Infusion blend to make a creamy, flavourful marinade with a touch of tanginess in this easy-to-prep, versatile recipe. We love pairing with grilled tofu steaks and a simple mango and red pepper salsa, but the vibrant combination also works for shrimp, fish, and chicken.
ORGANIC INDIA Tulsi Turmeric Ginger Tea Infusion harnesses the healing powers of Tulsi (Holy Basil), used in India for over 5,000 years to boost immunity, aid in stress relief, uplift mood, and more. Anti-inflammatory turmeric, ginger, and cinnamon elevate flavour with hints of earthy spice while further bolstering health benefits. Including Turmeric powder adds bright golden colour while supporting immune and overall health even more. As a final bonus, heating the leftover marinade makes for the perfect, saucy complement to your final dish.
- 2 ORGANIC INDIA Tulsi Turmeric Ginger Tea Infusion Sachets
- ¼ Cup boiled water
- 1 400ml can coconut milk
- 2 Tablespoons fresh lime juice
- ½ Teaspoon Turmeric powder
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Dash cayenne pepper, optional
- 2 Tablespoons creamy peanut butter (omit for nut-free)
- 1 Tablespoon low sodium soy sauce or coconut aminos
- Sea salt and fresh black pepper to taste
- Steep ORGANIC INDIA Tulsi Turmeric Ginger Tea Infusion bags in ¼ Cup freshly boiled water for 5-10 minutes. Remove tea bags.
- Place tea concentrate and all additional ingredients in a blender and process until smooth.
- Marinate protein or vegetables of choice, or heat, stirring regularly, until slightly thickened to serve as a sauce.
For tofu steaks: Press tofu to drain water for at least thirty minutes. Cut tofu blocks into 8-10 slices and place in a shallow baking dish. Cover with marinade and marinate for at least one hour, preferably overnight. Remove from marinade and coat slices with cooking spray and grill on medium heat 2-3 minutes each side. Serve with marinade, warmed as a sauce.
For prawns: Marinade in a bowl or baking dish for at least two hours. Thread prawns onto skewers and grill over medium-high heat for approximately 2 minutes per side.
For chicken: Marinate for at least 3 hours to overnight. Remove from marinade, shaking off excess. Grill over medium high heat, approximately 7 minutes on the first side and 5 on the other.