Known as one of three “amrit,” or “nectar” plants in Ayurveda, Guduchi is known to replenish the spirit and rejuvenate the body and mind. It is best known for its immunomodulating and detoxifying benefits. Guduchi, or Giloy, is also classified as an adaptogen, meaning it helps relieve physical, mental and emotional stress. Guduchi is a climbing, deciduous vine that can often be found growing on mango and neem trees across India, Sri Lanka and Myanmar.
What sets ORGANIC INDIA Guduchi apart?
ORGANIC INDIA takes every avenue to operate in a way that is Beyond Sustainable, for both the planet and the amazing partners we work with. Our Guduchi is grown, harvested and prepared in adherence to the following principles and practices:
- Regenerative Agriculture. We are deeply rooted in agriculture that is beyond sustainable—it’s regenerative. What this means is our farming practices not only preserve the land, they make it better. Regenerative means replenished soil, improved biodiversity, enhanced water conservation, and increased carbon sequestration. We look beyond our crop to the whole earth and our responsibility to it as a healthy conscious living company.
- Small Family Farmers. Ethical partnerships are the heart and soul of our company. We contract with small, family-owned farms across India and purchase crops at premium market price. Most of our partners have been with us for more than ten years, and each is an integral part of our herbal family. As indispensable members of our team, we provide all of our farmers health insurance and ongoing training by agricultural experts who are at the cutting edge of organic and regenerative farming—a no-brainer for us, but an unfortunately unheard of practice in the industry.
- Sustainable Production. All of our herbal teas and supplements are produced in our LEED Platinum certified production facility in India, which is a marvel of top-tier sustainable design, construction and operations.
Guduchi Benefits for Body and Mind
While the entire plant is used in Ayurveda, the stem is favored for its immune-supporting characteristics. The plant is also valued for supporting cognitive health and overall mind-body-spirit nurturement.
- Immune Support. Reinforces a healthy immune response by aiding white blood cell efficiency in combating harmful microorganisms, while enhancing the function of these macrophages to protect healthy cells and remove dead cells.
- Cognitive Health. Guduchi is known to help relieve stress and support mental clarity due to its adaptogenic properties. Studies have also found that it can aid memory, learning and cognitive functions.
- Detoxification. A powerful detoxifying agent that can help remove toxins from the blood and liver.
- Rejuvenation. Guduchi is known as a rasayana herb in Ayurveda, which means it can rejuvenate the body and mind.
Traditional use of Guduchi
Guduchi has long been used extensively in folk and Ayurvedic systems of health. The herb is administered on its own or in traditional formulas to remove excess heat from the body, support healthy blood sugar levels, maintain a healthy inflammatory response, and nourish skin and eye health; all while helping preserve whole system youth and vitality. In fact, in Sanskrit Guduchi means “that which protects the body from diseases” and is celebrated in Hindu mythology as being grown by nectar from the heavens – bringing the gift of life and keeping people youthful and healthy. It is categorized in Ayurveda with two other beneficial “amrit” or “nectar” plants, namely Garlic and Haritaki.
Where is Guduchi Grown?
ORGANIC INDIA’s Guduchi is grown in Azamgarh, a city beside the Tamsa River in the Uttar Pradesh region of India. The plant is native to India and Nepal and grows abundantly across tropical areas of India.
Who is it for?
As a whole system rejuvenator, Guduchi is the perfect supplement for anyone who wants to fortify their body, mind and spirit and protect against seasonal changes. Can be taken daily to support immunity and detoxification.
Guduchi for Healthy Conscious Living
ORGANIC INDIA’s Guduchi is grown according to ancient Ayurvedic regenerative agriculture methods to ensure the highest possible efficacy, or “prana.” All ORGANIC INDIA herbs are processed and tested in compliance with FDA and World Health Organization safety protocols.
At ORGANIC INDIA, we recognise the vast interconnectedness of life. From seed, to soil, to field, to factory, our products empower the farmers of India, promote environmental and economic recovery, and provide wellness solutions derived from nature’s intelligence.