The secret’s out: small, simple habits can yield big, lifelong results. Start your day with a lemony lift that boosts wellness big time as it refreshes. Waking up with lemon water has been shown to aid digestion, prevent oxidation, promote healthy liver function, and more. In this recipe, our ORGANIC INDIA Tulsi Lemon Ginger Tea adds powerful adaptogenic herb Tulsi to the citrusy mix while providing a beautifully flavourful base for this “good morning” elixir.
Tulsi, “Queen of Herbs”, has been revered in India for more than 5,000 years for its ability to aid in stress relief and uplift mood, support immunity, promote natural detoxification, and more. Just brew, stir, chill (or not), and pour!
Tulsi Lemon Ginger Elixir
- 1 Cup boiled water
- 1 ORGANIC INDIA Tulsi Lemon Ginger tea bag
- 1 ORGANIC INDA Tulsi Turmeric Ginger tea bag
- 1 small lemon
- 1 ½-inch piece ginger, thinly sliced
- ½ Tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 Teaspoon raw honey or sweetener of choice, optional
- Steep ORGANIC INDIA Tulsi Lemon Ginger and Tulsi Turmeric Ginger tea bags in boiled water with sliced ginger and half the lemon, sliced, for 10 minutes to yield a strong brew. Remove ginger and lemon slices or strain through a sieve.
- Stir in cider vinegar, cayenne pepper, and honey or other sweetener to taste. Squeeze in lemon juice from the remaining half lemon if desired and stir.
- Serve to taste–over ice, garnished with fresh mint and lemon slices, room temp, or warm!